[ovs-announce] Open vSwitch 1.4.0 Available
jpettit at nicira.com
Mon Jan 30 23:15:43 PST 2012
The Open vSwitch team is pleased to announce the release of Open vSwitch 1.4.0:
This release contains many new features, bug fixes, and performance improvements.
Feature highlights of 1.4.0 include:
* Compatible with Open vSwitch kernel module included in Linux 3.3.
* Don't require the "normal" action to use mirrors.
* New "VLAN splinters" feature to work around buggy device driver in old Linux versions.
* Added ability to match ECN and TTL in IPv4 and IPv6 headers.
* Added ability to match IPv6 flow label.
* Added ability to modify ECN bits and TTL in IPv4 headers.
* RHEL packaging now supports integration with Red Hat network scripts.
* And many others. See the full change log here:
--The Open vSwitch Team
Open vSwitch is a production quality, multilayer open source virtual switch. It is designed to enable massive network automation through programmatic extension, while still supporting standard management interfaces. Open vSwitch can operate both as a soft switch running within the hypervisor, and as the control stack for switching silicon. It has been ported to multiple virtualization platforms and switching chipsets.
More information about the announce