[ovs-announce] Open vSwitch 1.6.1 Available
jpettit at nicira.com
Mon Jun 25 21:27:02 PDT 2012
The Open vSwitch team is pleased to announce the release of Open vSwitch 1.6.1*:
This release contains many new features, bug fixes, and performance improvements.
Feature highlights of 1.6.1 include:
* Added support for bitwise matching on TCP and UDP ports.
* Support for limiting the number of flows in an OpenFlow flow table,
with configurable policy for evicting flows upon overflow.
* Added an OpenFlow extension that allows controllers more precise
control over which messages they receive asynchronously.
* CFM module CCM broadcasts can now be tagged with an 802.1p priority.
* Load balancing for bonds can be disabled.
* And many others. See the full change log here:
--The Open vSwitch Team
Open vSwitch is a production quality, multilayer open source virtual switch. It is designed to enable massive network automation through programmatic extension, while still supporting standard management interfaces. Open vSwitch can operate both as a soft switch running within the hypervisor, and as the control stack for switching silicon. It has been ported to multiple virtualization platforms and switching chipsets.
* Version 1.6.0 was an internal release.
More information about the announce