[ovs-announce] Open vSwitch 1.11.0 Available
jpettit at nicira.com
Wed Aug 28 16:09:53 PDT 2013
The Open vSwitch team is pleased to announce the release of Open vSwitch 1.11.0:
This release contains new features and significant performance improvements. Feature highlights of 1.11.0 include:
* Support for megaflows, which allows wildcarding in the kernel (and
any dpif implementation that supports wildcards). Depending on
the flow table and switch configuration, flow set up rates are
close to the Linux bridge.
* In dpif-based bridges, cache action translations, which can improve
flow set up performance by 80% with a complicated flow table.
* New support for the data encapsulation format of the LISP tunnel
protocol (RFC 6830).
* New CFM demand mode which uses data traffic to indicate interface
* The "tutorial" directory contains a new tutorial for some advanced
Open vSwitch features.
* And many others. See the full change log here:
--The Open vSwitch Team
Open vSwitch is a production quality, multilayer open source virtual switch. It is designed to enable massive network automation through programmatic extension, while still supporting standard management interfaces. Open vSwitch can operate both as a soft switch running within the hypervisor, and as the control stack for switching silicon. It has been ported to multiple virtualization platforms and switching chipsets.
More information about the announce