[ovs-announce] Open vSwitch 1.10.0 Available
jpettit at nicira.com
Thu May 2 00:33:43 PDT 2013
The Open vSwitch team is pleased to announce the release of Open vSwitch 1.10.0:
This release contains new features, performance improvements, and a significant reworking of core components. Feature highlights of 1.10.0 include:
* Support for the VXLAN tunnel protocol.
* Experimental support for newer versions of OpenFlow.
* With the Linux datapath, packets for new flows are now queued
separately on a per-port basis, so it should no longer be
possible for a large number of new flows arriving on one port to
prevent new flows from being processed on other ports.
* Patch ports no longer require kernel support, so they now work
with FreeBSD and the kernel module built into Linux 3.3 and later.
* The maximum size of the MAC learning table is now configurable.
* It is possible to request the OpenFlow port number with the
"ofport_request" column in the Interface table.
* And many others. See the full change log here:
--The Open vSwitch Team
Open vSwitch is a production quality, multilayer open source virtual switch. It is designed to enable massive network automation through programmatic extension, while still supporting standard management interfaces. Open vSwitch can operate both as a soft switch running within the hypervisor, and as the control stack for switching silicon. It has been ported to multiple virtualization platforms and switching chipsets.
More information about the announce