[ovs-announce] Open vSwitch Fall 2015 Conference: Call for Participation
jpettit at nicira.com
Wed Aug 5 17:43:54 PDT 2015
The Open vSwitch team will host our second annual conference focused on Open vSwitch and OVN on Nov. 16 and 17, 2015, to be held at the San Jose Doubletree.
Topics that may be considered include:
* Integrating Open vSwitch into larger systems.
* Deploying and using OVN.
* NIC acceleration of Open vSwitch.
* Using Open vSwitch to realize NFV and service chaining.
* Porting Open vSwitch to new operating systems, hypervisors,
or container systems.
* Troubleshooting and debugging Open vSwitch installations.
* Open vSwitch development and testing practices.
* Performance measurements or approaches to improving
* NAT, DPI, and stateful processing with Open vSwitch.
* End-user or service provider experiences with Open vSwitch.
* Hardware ports of Open vSwitch (existing, in progress, or
* The relationship between OpenFlow and Open vSwitch.
* Using, developing, or administering OpenFlow controllers in
conjunction with Open vSwitch.
* Comparisons to other implementations of features found in
Open vSwitch (e.g. other OpenFlow implementations, other
software switches, etc.).
* The future of Open vSwitch.
* Increasing the size and diversity of the Open vSwitch user
and developer base.
* Tutorials and walkthroughs of use cases.
* Other topics likely to be of interest to attendees.
We expect most talks to last 20 minutes, with added time for questions.
Talks will be recorded and made available online.
How to propose a talk
We are soliciting proposals for talks and panels on topics related to Open vSwitch.
Please email proposals for talks to ovscon at openvswitch.org by Sep. 14. Proposals should include a title and abstract, plus any other relevant information. Please put "TALK:" at the beginning of the subject line.
Speakers will be notified of acceptance by Sept. 28.
Speakers should plan to attend the event in person. Travel to and accommodations in San Jose are the responsibility of attendees.
How to attend
Attending the conference is free, but we ask that you register to ensure that we can properly prepare for the number of attendees.
Please register at:
If you register and later find you cannot attend, please cancel your ticket so that we know about the change.
For more information, please visit the Eventbrite page at:
To reach the organizers, email ovscon at openvswitch.org. For general discussion of the conference, please use the ovs-discuss mailing list at discuss at openvswitch.org.
More information about the announce