[ovs-dev] output action to a bonded port

Ethan Jackson ethan at nicira.com
Thu Mar 15 13:55:04 PDT 2012

> I wonder the impact using the bundle, now that I have this in production =)
>
> The bond is configured with SLB active-active (Yea, I know some of the
> issues with this) but since, as you said, it bypasses the bond code this
> should avoid the SLB problem, right ?

No it will actually exacerbate them. A lot of the "problems" of SLB
bonding are due to the SLB code trying to account for the fact that
the upstream switch is not aware it's participating in a bond.  If
this compensation wasn't made, the behavior would be significantly
worse. The bundle action doesn't do any compensation at all.  This can
cause severe problems leading to potentially black-holed traffic.

Ethan