[ovs-discuss] some Queries on OVS 1.2.2

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Tue Dec 13 21:48:54 PST 2011

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 11:15:15AM +0530, Sheili Mittal wrote:
> 1)       If I am using Fedora 15 (32 bit) for OVS 1.2.2 and Ubuntu 10.04
> for openflow controller (will have to work around openflow 1.0)  so is
> this okay set-up or should I go with same OS on both? I hope there
> should not be any compatibility issue. I was thinking for NOX (zaku) as
> controller .

The setup you want to use should be fine.

> 2)      On OpenVswitch site there is set-up for QOS, sflow and VLAN
> only, are other feature set-up also present somewhere like port
> mirroring, GRE tunnelling, CFM, bonding etc.

Do you mean, are there examples of how to configure these features?
ovs-vsctl(8) has some simple examples.

> 3)      I have doubt that RSPAN and ERSPAN actually supported on OVS, I
> saw for SPAN only. could you please confirm are RSPAN and ERSPAN
> actually implemented on OVS 1.2.2, what topology you used for this?

OVS can mirror to a VLAN (RSPAN) directly.  It can mirror to a GRE
tunnel (ERSPAN-like) if you set up a GRE tunnel vport and use that as
the destination for mirroring.

> 4)      I have doubt for fully CFM implementation also, I think only
> connectivity check present in OVS 1.2.2.

I don't know the full list of CFM features, so I can't answer this.

It doesn't make sense to post a claim of confidentiality to a publicly
archived mailing list.  If you really need confidentiality, you
shouldn't post here; if you don't really need confidentiality, you
shouldn't include such a silly notice.