[ovs-discuss] H/w offloading list for OVS 1.2.2

Dave Whitla dave.whitla at ocean.net.au
Wed Dec 14 23:21:06 PST 2011

Sheili,

A particular case to be aware of is when combining Linux bridging with 802.1q vlans. Hardware tx checksum offload does not work properly in this scenario, so it is advisable to disable tx checksum offloading in virtual machines which connect to vifs mapped to a vlan or a trunk port to which untagged ports are also bridged. In my personal testing of OVS the same applies.

Dave