[ovs-discuss] H/w offloading list for OVS 1.2.2

Jesse Gross jesse at nicira.com
Thu Dec 15 17:52:44 PST 2011

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 5:31 PM, Dave Whitla <dave.whitla at ocean.net.au> wrote:
> Well the Xen documentation specifically mentions it. The Debian Xen packages specifically create network config within VMs for it - as well as documenting the same.
> And I have personally experienced it - the last time causing me me a couple of days of head scratching until I figured out how to disable hardware tx checksum offload on F5's LTM VE.

I know of a few situations where drivers have difficulty with vlan
tags and offloads (primarily around trunking or with older versions of
Linux).  However, to make a blanket statement that it doesn't work is
misleading (and I do see that the documentation says that, although I
believe that it is out of date).