[ovs-discuss] OpenVswitch with Vlans.

Ramana Reddy gtvrreddy at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 07:25:21 PST 2011

Hi Everyone,

  This is setup I tested:

  Linux(eth0) --------------(eth1) Linux machine
(eth0)-------------(eth0)Linux
  Machine1                           with OVS +2 NIC
Machine2
  eth0.100 ( vlan
100)                                                        eth0.100 ( vlan
100)

  The Linux Machine1 and Machine2 are configured with VLAN tag 100
respectively.
  I set up bridge in OVS, and added eth0 and eth1 as ports using ovs-vsctl.

  Now I can ping eth0 in Linux machine1 with eth0 in Linux machine2, but
  when I ping eth0.100 with eth0.100 of machine 2, it is not working.
  The OVS simple droping the packets.

  How to give tagging so that eth0.100s ping each other
  How to enable all ports connected to OVS so that all vlan traffic should
pass through OVS.
  Help in this regards is highly appreciated.

Regards,
Ramana Reddy.