[ovs-discuss] Controllability of OpenFlow Controllers

Rob Sherwood rob.sherwood at stanford.edu
Thu Jun 23 20:04:50 PDT 2011

[I didn't see the post to openflow-discuss, so I will try to answer this here]

Hello,

I'm one of the co-author's of openflowj.

OpenFlowj is a complete and very useful implementation of the openflow
protocol in java.  While I believe the code is solid and to the best
of my knowledge bug-free, it is "community supported" open source
software, so depending on your needs, it may not be suitable for an
enterprise deployment.  That said, a number of projects are built upon
openflowj including Beacon and the FlowVisor
(http://openflow.stanford.edu) and those projects are deployed in at
least semi-production settings, so maybe I'm just being overly
cautious.

If you were looking for a commercially supported product, there are a
number of commercial controller manufacturers who I'm sure would be
interested in talking with you to find out your needs.

Hope that helps,

- Rob
.