[ovs-discuss] Fwd: Centos 6.3 build from git

rh ev watchlist at deltavm.com
Fri Aug 31 13:23:42 PDT 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: rh ev <watchlist at deltavm.com>
Date: Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 4:23 PM
Subject: Re: [ovs-discuss] Centos 6.3 build from git
To: Ben Pfaff <blp at nicira.com>

On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 10:15 AM, rh ev <watchlist at deltavm.com> wrote:

> >> You don't have the pkg-config m4 macros installed in a place where
> >> aclocal can find them.
> >

> > OK thanks. So I am in the ovs folder and running the boot file. the m4
> file
> > is still where it should be, I assume (m4/openvswitch.m4).
> >
> > I ran "autoreconf --install -v to see what was going on. Autoreconf is
> > looking for m4 files in m4 folder and appears to be throwing an error
> from
> > that file.
>
> It's the pkg-config m4 files that aren't installed properly, not the Open
> vSwitch ones.  The pkg-config m4 files comes with pkg-config, not
> with Open vSwitch.
> --
> "I don't normally do acked-by's.  I think it's my way of avoiding
> getting blamed when it all blows up."               Andrew Morton

Sorry guys, i'm not getting to far with this.

I checked in the /usr/local/share/aclocal-1.12 folder and there is a whole
bunch of .m4 files in there. How am I supposed to know if this is the
correct location, or what files I am missing? Also it doesn't look like
there is one for openssl. Is there a specific one for openssl because
that's what my install seems to be complaining about.

-Darcy