[ovs-discuss] Pica8 Goes Open Source?

James Liao jliao at pica8.com
Wed Feb 29 12:25:13 PST 2012

Ben, Iben,

I suppose I should answer the question since I wrote that blog. The original
post to this discussion group was made by a friend, who did not give me a
heads-up before he did the post.  Hence I did not notice there were
questions we should clarify. Sorry if that caused some confusion.

This open source program (opne PicOS software stack, including OVS, on the
Pronto platform) is completely a Pica8 project. Nicira did not approve or
affiliate with our plan. However, we want to stay synchronized with OVS
development and make OpenFlow available on the merchant silicon platforms.

Pica8 currently only tests our platform with NOX, Beacon, and FloodLight.
However, given our OVS implementation is derived from the OVS open source
project, we think it is compatible to most of the controllers that can work
with OVS.

Hope this answers the question.

Thanks,
James