[ovs-discuss] Design of lib/dpif-netdev.c

Jingfei Hu jingfei.hu at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 03:21:22 PST 2012

Hi, all,
I'm a newbie to OVS. My master thesis is to design a real-time switch whose
rough architecture has been already completed. Remaining work is emulation
of it. I choose the userspace OVS so that I could reduce the code to write
easily, for I don't know quite about the kernel.

Now I know the switching is done in lib/dpif-netdev.c under userspace OVS.
And I roughly look through the code of lib/dpif-netdev.c, but got no
userful information for my work. So is there any documentation about the
code of lib/dpif-netdev.c? Where is the code of scheduling packets on input
ports and output ports? I need to customize the scheduling algorithm and
the buffer to each output ports.

Hope make myself clear,

Cheers,

Jfhu