[ovs-discuss] Promble about supporting 8021p

likunyun kunyunli at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 3 21:10:18 PST 2012

Hi, all
     Recently I did some test about supporting 8021p. Because of the NIC driver, I have to set the physical NIC's vlan-splinter to be true.
The frame's vlan priorty si set to be 0 while it being send out by the physical NIC.
I check the code in ofproto-dpif.c, in function compose_output_action__(), it would clear frame's vlan priority:
... ...
out_port = vsp_realdev_to_vlandev(ctx->ofproto, odp_port,
    if (out_port != odp_port) {
        ctx->flow.vlan_tci = htons(0);
... ...
Does it should be perfect ?
And  I found  ovs-vlan-bug-workaround is achieved, but it doesn't support the ioctl(ADD_ALL_VLANS_CMD and DEL_ALL_VLANS_CMD) in my kernel,
Hoping for the patch in kernel or the address I can get it