[ovs-discuss] Promble about supporting 8021p

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Mon Mar 5 10:00:38 PST 2012

On Sun, Mar 04, 2012 at 05:10:18AM +0000, likunyun wrote:
>      Recently I did some test about supporting 8021p. Because of the NIC driver, I have to set the physical NIC's vlan-splinter to be true.
> The frame's vlan priorty si set to be 0 while it being send out by the physical NIC.

The VLAN splinters code doesn't support priorities.  It looks to me
like it's possible to support priorities with VLAN devices (which VLAN
splinters use), but I haven't put in the work to do it.  I'd accept a
patch to add support, if it is clean.

I think that it's best to document this, for now.  I'll send out a
patch.

> And  I found  ovs-vlan-bug-workaround is achieved, but it doesn't support the ioctl(ADD_ALL_VLANS_CMD and DEL_ALL_VLANS_CMD) in my kernel,
> Hoping for the patch in kernel or the address I can get it

The patch is in the XenServer/XCP kernels.  You should be able to find
it in the XCP kernel patch queue.  I think that's kept in Git at
github.