[ovs-discuss] Support of masking in datapath ...

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Tue Mar 13 14:36:52 PDT 2012

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 02:32:21PM -0700, Ken Gray wrote:
> Does any version of ovswitch currently support masking/wildcarding a
> MAC address in a flow.  I know the implementation is currently OF
> 1.0 and that is not supported in 1.0, but I wondered if it was
> supported through any extension?

OVS supports wildcarding the multicast bit of the Ethernet destination
address independently of the rest of the bits.

We're asking for community help with OF1.1 and OF1.2 support (see
http://openvswitch.org/development/openflow-1-x-plan/).  That will
add, among other features, wildcarding of individual bits of the
Ethernet source and destination addresses.