- Overview of functionality and components
- Building and Installing Open vSwitch
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Configuration Cookbook (overview of common configuration tasks)
- Open vSwitch advanced features tutorial and supporting files.
Instructions for Specialized Scenarios
- Building and installing Open vSwitch for Citrix XenServer
- Using Open vSwitch with KVM
- Using Open vSwitch without kernel support
- Using SSL/TLS for Open vSwitch control protocols
- Manual Pages (detailed configuration references)
- Videos of kickoff session, dev walkthrough, and OpenDaylight overview.
- L4/L7 discussion led by Justin Pettit: Audio as MP3 (hosted by networkstatic.net).
- J. Pettit, J. Gross, B. Pfaff, M. Casado, S. Crosby, “Virtual Switching in an Era of Advanced Edges,” 2nd Workshop on Data Center – Converged and Virtual Ethernet Switching (DC-CAVES), ITC 22, Sep. 6, 2010. (slides)
- B. Pfaff, J. Pettit, T. Koponen, K. Amidon, M. Casado, S. Shenker, “Extending Networking into the Virtualization Layer,” HotNets-VIII, Oct. 22-23, 2009.
- J. Pettit, “OVS Deep Dive,” OpenStack Summit, Hong Kong, Nov. 7, 2013.
- S. Horman, “An Introduction to Open vSwitch,” LinuxCon Japan, Yokohama, Jun. 2, 2011.
- J. Pettit “Debugging OVS,” Apr. 14, 2011.
- J. Pettit, J. Gross “Open vSwitch Overview,” Linux Collaboration Summit, San Francisco, Apr. 7, 2011.
- J. Pettit, “Open vSwitch: A Whirlwind Tour,” Mar. 3, 2011.
- B. Pfaff, “Open vSwitch: Past, Present, and Future,” Mar. 20, 2013.